The latest in our constant quest to use innovative, cleaner and greener materials. Susterra Propanediol, made from yellow dent field corn, is a plant-based, petroleum-free, light-weight nontoxic biosynthetic with incredibly high performance; breathable mesh panels made from Sorona plant-based fibres means we've created a shoe that is healthier for your feet, and for the planet.
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHTER WITH PLANT-BASED INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY ON YOUR FEET!
- 45% Natural rubber, 10% Bloom outsole & 45% synthetic signature 3mm barefoot sole for maximum sensory feedback and minimum interference, to let you train hard while working on skilful movement.
- The upper mesh and footbed are made from Sorona® plant-based fibres – making a shoe that we think contends as one of the least petroleum reliant performance shoe in the world.
- Algae Bloom Performance Insole.
The Vivobarefoot Ultra 3 Bloom Womens is our amphibious shoe perfect for adventures on land and sea. The lightweight hexagon upper design is breathable, non-absorbent and drains water easily. The new hex grip outsole made with sticky rubber gives you all that good underfoot feeling, flexibility and incredible wet and dry traction. Now made using algae-based BLOOM foam which offers the first sustainable alternative to the synthetic and petrochemical EVA prevalent in today's market. Using algae biomass helps offset the significant use of petroleum ingredients found in conventional flexible foams.
VIVOBAREFOOT X BLOOM SHOES IS MADE WITH BLOOM’S PATENTED ALGAE TECHNOLOGY
- Highly flexible and lightweight
- Each pair returns 57 gallons of clean water to habitat
- Each pair reduces 40 balloons worth of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Helps offset the significant use of petroleum ingredients found in conventional flexible foams
Founded in 2015, BLOOM is an American performance-based materials manufacturer. BLOOM uses algae biomass harvested from freshwater sources from around the world, (like lakes, rivers, and ponds) at high risk of algal bloom. Using algae biomass helps improve technical performance and offsets the use of petroleum ingredients found in conventional foams.
“Our goal is to deliver the most performance-driven materials in the most environmentally-responsible manner,” said Mike Van Drunen, CEO of BLOOM. “It is a goal we constantly strive to improve upon, and we are excited to collaborate with VIVOBAREFOOT on the new Ultra line.”
“This is a true revolution for the footwear industry with the first plant-based alternative to the petro-foams in ubiquitous use. We are thrilled to be the first company to use Bloom for a full shoe and further our mission to make the perfect shoe… perfect for feet and minimal impact on the planet.” Galahad Clark, Vivobarefoot.
Vivobarefoot Stealth III Womens has long been the shoe of choice for seasoned barefooters as well as beginners. Perfect for everyday wear and long distance workouts, Stealth III is now updated for increased performance and flexibility, making it an ideal exercise or casual athleisure shoe.
A BAREFOOT ACTIVE CLASSIC
- Signature 3mm barefoot sole for maximum sensory feedback and minimum interference, to let you train hard while working on skilful movement.
- A breathable and durable stretchy engineered V-Web HEX mesh upper is constructed to assure support, stretch and responsive foot control with an adaptive fit so you can go the distance.
- Recycled RPET textile lining.
- Algae Bloom Performance Insole.
The iconic Chelsea boot, reimagined for the everyday sensory-seeker! Our Vivobarefoot Fulham Womens is a staple piece in every barefooter's wardrobe. Providing true minimalist style, this boot is designed to be worn from the office to the great outdoors.
A STAPLE PIECE IN EVERY BAREFOOTER'S WARDROBE
- Made in Portugal using quality materials, Fulham Suede is our take on the classic Chelsea boot.
- Stitched onto our hex-flex outsole, it's tough yet flexible, maintaining traction over cold surfaces.
- Designed for comfort, the elastic panels allow for easy foot entry.
- Featuring a leather lining and a removable thermal insole, ideal for year-round wear.