A Guide in Choosing the Best Travel Shoes for Your Adventure
During their trip, one of the common things that most travellers or adventurers fail to consider are their travel shoes. For some, it’s not something they should focus on because they think anything will do. However, that’s not true.
If you have an upcoming adventure, your travel shoes will be a significant factor in making your trip more enjoyable. So, choose your pair wisely!
Unsure what to look for in your travel shoes? Check out our guide!
Why Do You Need to Consider Your Travel Shoes?
Before we go over the tips for choosing the best travel shoes, perhaps you’re wondering why you need to consider your travel shoes. Well, the answer is simple. You need to consider your travel shoes because you’ll more likely walk around during the whole trip.
Of course, during your trip, you are going to explore a new city, shop around different places, wander around a museum, stroll along the waterfront or walk to a beautiful viewpoint. Since that is the case, you need to have travel shoes that will allow you to feel comfortable no matter how far you walk and wander. Moreover, your travel shoes should fit in your luggage space, so you need to think about them carefully, and only bring those worthy of packing.
What Kinds of Shoes Should You Bring?
The kinds of shoes you should bring really depends on what type of trip you will be having. But generally, here are the kinds of shoes you can bring during your trip:
- Multi-Purpose Walking Shoes - Bring shoes that are good for different kinds of occasions. Your multi-purpose walking shoes should be able to handle the heavy footwork with comfort and ease while still looking stylish and respectable.
- Stylish Shoes - You should also bring stylish shoes that will go with as many different outfits as possible.
- Sandals - This kind of shoe is a must-have, especially if you will go for a swim.
- Hiking Shoes - Bring this shoe only if you are planning on going on multiple day expeditions.
What Are the Things You Should Consider to Achieve Comfort with Your Travel Shoes?
Now, for you to have a bit of extra comfort to keep you on your feet, here are some of the things you should consider:
- Always Prioritise Orthopedic Footwear - Remember, your shoes should bring you comfort. As much as possible, select the ones with orthopedic inserts or shoes with built-in quality footbeds so that you can have support under your soles to cushion the heel and ball of the foot. This way, your arch will be supported, and any foot, knee and gait instabilities will get corrected.
- Bring Bandages and Vaseline - You should include these items in your grocery shopping list as they can be a lifesaver if your feet begin to rub or blister.
- Only Use Good Quality Socks - Using good quality socks are as important as your shoes. They can keep your feet warm and cosy in cold climates and wick away sweat in hotter places.
Choosing the best travel shoes is necessary so that you will not suffer from foot sores during your trip. So, don’t overlook this item, and make sure to choose your shoes wisely so that you can enjoy your trip more. Just follow our guide, and you’ll be able to have a wonderful time during your next adventure.
If you’re looking for the best travel shoes, Adventureco has got what you’re searching for! We are an adventure store in Brisbane selling the best and most sustainable outdoor brands, like shoes, tops, pants and more, while minimising the impact on the environment. Browse our shop and place your order with us today!