How to measure to get the correct backpack
Getting the correct Backpack Sizing is the most important consideration when selecting a new pack. The measurements are particularly important when choosing a custom made pack as this is made specifically for you.
- Locate the bony bump at the base of your neck, this is your C7 vertebra
- Place your hands on your ribs with thumbs on back, slide your hands down until you feel your hip shelf
- Using a flexible tape have someone measure from your C7 vertebra down your spine to the point level with your thumbs. This is your torso measurement.
SML - 37.5cm - 42.5cm / 15” - 17”
MED - 43.5cm - 47.5cm / 17” - 19”
LGE - 47.5cm - 50cm / 19” - 20”
XL - 52.5 cm & over / 21” & over
How to measure your hips -
- Now that you know where your hip shelf is after measuring your torso, wrap a flexible tape measure around this point. This measurement is your hip measurement.
- SML - 76cm - 86cm / 30” - 34”
- MED - 86cm - 96cm / 34” - 38”
- LGE - 96cm - 106cm / 38” - 42”
- XL - 106 - 119 cm / 42” - 47”