CultureShock! Australia is chock-full of information that will help you assimilate effortlessly into life in the land Down Under. Written in an easy-to-read style, this book covers all the basics for settling in, including the options you should consider before deciding whether to have a pool in your backyard or a full-fledged garden in the front, and what to do when your teenagers assert their rights. Peer beneath the laid-back veneer of the Australian people and learn more about what they hold dear as well as their attitudes towards 'tall poppies' and multiculturalism. Discover how to entertain guests around the 'barbie' and what to do when given a 'shout'. Find out more about how to speak Strine as well as how important leisure is in the Australian working world.
CultureShock! Australia is the only guide you will need to fully understand the Aussie people and their culture and truly enjoy your stay in the land of the Southern Cross. CultureShock! is a comprehensive, dynamic and indispensable guide for travellers looking to truly understand the countries they are visiting, as well as expatriates settling into a new assignment in a foreign land. Each title explains the customs, traditions, social and business etiquette in a lively and informative style.
CultureShock! Authors, all of whom have experienced the joys and pitfalls of cultural adaptation, provide warm and informative advice to those who seek to integrate seamlessly into diverse cultures. The books have a friendly and honest writing style and are full of personal experiences, practical advise and useful information.
CultureShock! Australia is chock-full of information that will help you assimilate effortlessly into life in the land Down Under.
- Insights into the people and their culture and traditions.
- Advise on adapting into the local environment.
- Essential information on the country's history, traditions, beliefs, etiquette, cuisine and leisure activities.
- Suggestions on how to get the most out of the travel experience.
- Linguistic help and hints on how to learn the language and do business.
- A useful list of foreign words and phrases and a comprehensive resource guide.
- A glossary books for further reading and a list of interesting websites for additional reference.
- Lively and humorous illustrations that capture the essence of the text.
- A section of full colour images that give a flavour of the destination.